[asterisk-users] ztdummy

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 10:33:43 CDT 2008

In article <47F4EA05.9050705 at pagestation.com>,
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 03, 2008 at 01:45:09PM +0000, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> >
> > >/ Jerry, the first thing to check is "cat /proc/interrupts" and see if there
> > />/ is an entry for rtc on IRQ 8. There should be, and the interrupt counts
> > />/ on there should be going up at approximately 1024 per second.
> > /
> > To see it better:
> >
> > watch -n1 -d cat /proc/interrupts
> >

> watch -n1 -d cat /proc/interrupts
> Every 1.0s: cat
> /proc/interrupts
>
> Thu Apr  3 10:29:19 2008
>
>            CPU0       CPU1
>   0:        129          0    XT-PIC-XT        timer
>   1:     337248          0    XT-PIC-XT        i8042
>   2:          0          0    XT-PIC-XT        cascade
>   3:          4          0    XT-PIC-XT
>   4:         69          0    XT-PIC-XT
>   5:  737837152          0    XT-PIC-XT        HDA Intel
>   7:        385          0    XT-PIC-XT        parport0
>   8:          1          0    XT-PIC-XT        rtc
>

> It still remains as 1...

Hi Jerry,

Is that with ztdummy loaded or not? By default, Linux doesn't have anything
that uses the RTC interrupt, so without ztdummy it will usually stay at 1.

Once ztdummy and zaptel are loaded, then you should see it incrementing.
If not, that suggests a problem.

I have just installed ztdummy on a new system running 2.6.18-53.1.6.el5,
and it is incrementing fine. I didn't realise there was a newer kernel out;
I'll have to update and try again.

I didn't know the "watch" command - that's cool!

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield