[asterisk-users] AsteriskNOW and IE

John Signorello jsignorello at ispbx.com
Thu Apr 3 09:32:50 CDT 2008

To the Asterisk community,

Well this is as good a time to break cover as any, officially our launch
date isn't until next Wednesday the 9th of April, but based on this
discussion I feel that we have to comment.

We are going to announce CogoBlue, the 3rd generation of Asterisk GUI tools
 (well I guess we are announcing it now :)

www.CogoBlue.com is a true "Drag and Drop" Asterisk gui available on a
family of ISPBX appliances for small to medium businesses.

For the first time people installing these ip-pbx appliances can
quickly implement an entire pbx installation without the need for
manual conf file editing.

Using a visual display to implement call flow and processing is just a smarter,
faster (and more profitable) way to implement Asterisk installations.

With regards to ie7. The asterisk community has evolved from a clique of
linux guru's hand editing .conf files into a mainstream business tool.

Now while - everyone loves to prove how macho they are by coding in Vi
using elaborate call routing code routines from memory....our customers
aren't that market any more.

Ie7 has 22% of the browser market (and probably higher in the commercial
non-consumer space).

It is no longer an option to tell 1/5th of your customers, that to use our
appliance you have to change your browser (which is why Kevin from
Digium jumped in so quickly to explain that a new groud up version is
being built right now to support ie7).

As the Asterisk community becomes more mature, with more and more
mainstream customers getting involved with this fantastic technology,
it's time to realize not everyone wants to climb a steep learning curve to use our tools.

We can still code our own home systems on beta code running all the
latest test code but we also have to understand that real business is
about stability and efficiency and being able to work within your
client's requirements......even if they run ie7 :)

Regards,
John Signorello
jsignorello at ispbx.com
ispbx.com