[asterisk-users] AsteriskNOW and IE

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Apr 3 07:00:49 CDT 2008

Olivier wrote:

> Maybe but as OP's question remains unanswered : Tony, have you tried IE
> 8 beta ?
> The warning message should remain but I heard IE 8 standard compliance
> improved a lot ...

The current AsteriskGUI (in AsteriskNOW) has a large number of problems
with IE (all versions) and is unlikely to be usable, which is why that
warning message appears.

However, there is a new version of the GUI in the works that has been
rewritten from the ground up and was written in a way to no longer have
these problems; it is not yet ready for release but should see the light
of day in the near future. It has been heavily tested against many
browsers, including IE7 and works well in all of them.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies