[asterisk-users] Analog modem as phone

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Apr 2 15:40:49 CDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 21:18 +0200, Ronny Forberger wrote:

> I want to use a analog V.92 modem to make outgoing (and possibly)
> incoming phone call through a standard analog phone line.

When I asked this question, I was basically told that it isn't possible.
The problem is along the lines that the modem uses many more wavelengths
and more bandwidth than a regular phone does, so this won't work through
the card. I have found that I can send outgoing faxes, and incoming
faxes redirected to this modem also work, but I have to patch the modem
through directly to the wall plate in order to be able to make dialup
connections.

--Greg