[asterisk-users] FW: [newtech-1] Skype 24 Hour Rolling Analytics

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Wed Apr 2 15:37:57 CDT 2008

While not asterisk specific related - would be interesting to see
something similar done against straight voip calls.
You could maybe plot it against e.164.org polls but I think this would
be too small a sample set.

Can anyone think of something else Asterisk related we could plot this
against?

Cheers,
Dean

http://deancollinsblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/skype-24-hour-rolling-analyt
ics.html

<http://bp3.blogger.com/_jmYevHrBr6M/R_Pq-vgIjvI/AAAAAAAAAf0/PgE_8gFqrY8
/s1600-h/World%2Bpopulation%2Bawake.png>

Totally stumbled across this really interesting post
http://skypejournal.com/blog/2008/04/world_online_or_asleep.html
<http://skypejournal.com/blog/2008/04/world_online_or_asleep.html>

I cant comment on how accurate it is but looks like someone has tried to
do some really interesting research on number of skype users compared to
people awake on a rolling 24 hour basis.

Would be interesting to see some other applications tracked against this
- twitter posts per minute maybe?

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd