[asterisk-users] Howto connect to Cirpack softswitch with Asterisk ?

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 03:39:21 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Robert Rozman <robert.rozman at comutel.si> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  has anyone connected Asterisk to Cirpack softswitch sucessfully ? Any howto
>  or more info about needed Asterisk SW and setup ?
>
>  Thanks in advance,
>
>  regards,
>
>  Rob.

We have a trunk supplier that uses a Cirpack switch. There weren't any
real problems with the SIP side of things, I thin we used the P-Assert
headers for callerid. There was an issue early on with getting
progress tones as the Cirpack wouldn't sned the progress audio without
first getting an RTP packet and Asterisk wouldn't send an RTP packet
until the call was established (rightly so in Asterisk's case). That
issue seemed to get fixed in an upgrade on the Cirpack firmware at
some point since our interconnect was put in.

Regards,

Greyman.