[asterisk-users] How to Hangup after DIAL is completed

Pete Kay petedao at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 02:03:43 CDT 2008

Hi,

I have a problem with DIAL.
The scenario is this:

1. Asterisk will dial a number in a call list
2. called party picks up the call and hears a prompt asking if they want to
pick up ( this is done through M(marco) option in DIAL)
3. if called party does not want to pick up, go to the next number (this is
done through SET MARCO_RESULT= CONTINUE)
4. if called party decides to take the call, make some conversion, then the
call is completed and hanged up by the called party.

For 4, when the called party hangs up, I want to hang up on the calling
party as well.

This works if I use the dialplan by not including the "g" option in DIAL.
However, when I do the DIAL in AGI, the calling party does not get hangup
automatically at (4).  So, it continues to execute the next line in the AGI,
which is not what I want.

The problem is that the result I can when executing the DIAL command within
AGI does not tell me whether the call was picked up or not. So, I have no
way of knowing whether to continue executing the AGI program or to issue a
HAGNGUP explicitly.

Can anyone please help me ?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete