[asterisk-users] ZAPTEL

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Apr 1 09:48:40 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 04:09:48PM +0200, Jan Prunk wrote:
> Hello !
>
> I am having issues since the upgrade in debian from zaptel 1.4.7.1 to 1.4.8.
>
> I did m-a a-i zaptel to upgrade

[ which is the Debian rough equivalent of 'make; make modules-install' ]

> what i still get is:
>
> cat /sys/module/zaptel/version
> 1.4.7.1
>
> It doesn't seem that it wants to load the new driver, any ideas ?

You have installed the new modules, but have not yet unloaded the old
kernel modules.

In Debian you'd likely to use:

  /etc/init.d/asterisk zaptel-fix

In some other places you'll use something like:

  /etc/init.d/asterisk stop
  /etc/init.d/zaptel restart
  /etc/init.d/asterisk start

Basically you need to unload all the Zaptel modules. And in order to do
that, you need to first stop every program that has a Zaptel device
open. That is normally Asterisk, but also ztmonitor or whatever.

(You can also reboot. But Zaptel upgrade is not a kernel upgrade and
does not warant a reboot. If in your system it requires, your init
scripts are broken)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com