[asterisk-users] echo problems

Apa Minerala apaminerala at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 19:38:31 CDT 2007

Normally I use

DID provider - asterisk - sip terminator ( both DID provider and sip terminator use g729, so asterisk just passes the call between the 2 of them ).

All works wonderfull, no echo etc.

But we would like to offer the service with softphones.

However users experience echo, be it with gsm, ulaw or alaw.

Someone would like to share from his experience for  solving this echo problem?

If ta detailed answer is too much, just telling me where to look for would be great. I searched voip-info.org  but I wasn't able to find something which fits my exact problem, since I don't use TDM cards....

Best regards,

Apa

Michiel van Baak <michiel at vanbaak.info> wrote: On 16:34, Sat 29 Sep 07, Doug wrote:
> At 04:57 9/29/2007, Michiel van Baak, wrote:
>  >On 21:47, Fri 28 Sep 07, Doug wrote:
>  >> At 20:53 9/28/2007, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>  >>  >On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 01:28:18PM -0500, Doug wrote:
>  >>  >>  >How do you do that when your single network connection is gone?
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >> Any suggestions on dual-wan routers?  We can't get this
>  >>  >> stupid Twin-Wan to work:
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >> http://www.xincom.com/twinwan.php
>  >>  >
>  >>  >A PC?
>  >>
>  >> OS?  App? ;^)
>  >
>  >We use OpenBSD with carp+pfsync for this.
>  >There are some good tutorials on the interweb on how to do
>  >this.
>
> Which tube do I go through to get to the InterWeb?

You can use my doc to setup redundant firewalling:
http://michiel.vanbaak.info/page/soekrisobsdcarp.htm

Read the PF faq for information on how to loadbalance 2
internet connections:
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/pools.html

--

Michiel van Baak