[asterisk-users] Recommend Digium Hardware?

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 10:02:38 CDT 2007

On 9/28/07, William Stillwell (Ki4swy) <ki4swy at kotbh.net> wrote:
> What is the recommend Digium Card for a PRI in NA ?

William - this has been discussed ad nauseam on the list recently.
Some will suggest that you forget Digium and use instead a Sangoma
card.  I personally have only used Sangoma cards, so I can't speak to
the quality of any other brands. My feeling, however, is that you'll
have an equally pleasant experience regardless of whether you choose
Digium or Sangoma.

So - to answer your question directly, there really aren't that many
Digium cards to choose from:

http://www.digium.com/en/products/hardware/digitalcards.php

You need to choose how many T1 spans you need and whether you want a
hardware EC chip on the card.  I'm not sure if Digium sells a PCIe
version of their single-port card.

HTH-
Erik