[asterisk-users] 3-way calling

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Fri Sep 28 06:32:32 CDT 2007

On Friday 28 September 2007 09:16:14 Rilawich Ango wrote:
> Do u mean meetme?  It is total different from my case.
> In meetme, everybody need to know and dial the conference room number
> to get into the conference room.  In my case, party A,B,C may not know
> the conference number.  A only knows B numbers and B only knows C
> numbers.

I'm planning to do something similar, and i have created a prototype code for
this.

So my prototype works:

1) A dials B
2) B presses some key to launch DYNAMIC_FEATURE (features.conf)
3) the feature fires a script that joins both channels to conf room.
4) B presses some key to exit from conf, and get to specified exit context.
5) DISA() there gives a dialtone, and launches dial to C
7) B presses first key again to join both calls to the same conference.
8) B can repeat again from 4 to add more calls to conference.

Now reading all this gave me idea thaht it could be better to merge 3, 4 and 5
so that if nobody is in conference, you probably want to add some more people
to conference - so just don't add B there, but give DISA straight away.

Also this wouldn't allow neither A or C to add somebody to the same
conference, as conference's name would match B's extension - otherwise it
would be hard to determine wich conference to add.

Regards,
Atis