[asterisk-users] Timeout issues

Kutman.DK at forces.gc.ca Kutman.DK at forces.gc.ca
Thu Sep 27 14:56:57 CDT 2007

Hello,

I have a softphone which I am using with Asterisk. Sometimes when I place a call it works fine and sometimes the SipListener comes back with a timeout.  The timeout is a Retransmission timeout and it seems to be occurring when the INVITE is sent.  The thing is about 70% of the time it works, but the other 30% or so it comes back with the timeout message.  Is there any reason why it does this occasionally?  I am not sure what to look for or how to get rid of these timeouts.

Thanks,

Denis