[asterisk-users] IAX configuration

yonoko molomo yonokomolomo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 11:28:26 CDT 2007

hi,
it does not help.
at first i already tried using type=friend.
but i am not able to make calls.
in the 'caller' asterisk get:

WARNING[18541]: chan_iax2.c:7101 socket_process: Call rejected by
x.x.x.x: No authority found
    -- Hungup 'IAX2'

in the 'called' asterisk i get following error:
chan_iax2.c:7584 socket_process: Host x.x.x.x failed to authenticate as serverB

but in the CLI, i type iax2 show registry and i see that servers are registered.
Host                  dnsmgr  Username    Perceived             Refresh  State
x.x.x.x:4569       N       server        y.y.y.y:4569             60  Registered
i asume registered means also authenticated but it complaints.

I already followed that link but it does not work. i need to change some things.
first, i need to change friend to peer. if i use type=friend it does
not work for me.

then i need to define all users of the foreign asterisk, which is not
normal, i guess.

I also need to define the ip address of the servers as host=dynamic.
if i put host=192.168.1.10 or similar, i get the message in the CLI:
"Peer 'server' is not dynamic (from 192.168.1.10)"

somehow i feel that there is "something" missing in the configuracion
examples, but i do not know what is it.
any ideas?