[asterisk-users] Problems Connecting Two Asterisk Installs Via ISDN PRI Cards

Brian Alexander balexander at visionpointsystems.com
Thu Sep 27 09:58:35 CDT 2007

Okay. I ordered a commercially made T1 crossover cable, connected all of the
cables and rebooted both computers.

I no longer get the 'Got S-frame while link down' or 'HDLC Bad FCS' errors.
However, I still receive the series of 'Detected alarm on channel NN: Red
Alarm' and 'Unable to disable echo cancellation on channel NN'. Followed by
the alarms clearing.

At this point I am confident that the cabling is not the problem. I have
included my zaptel and zapata conf files again below.

Is there a way to make the second TE120P card pass on the timing received
from the first? (rather than using software timing for the pri_net
signalling)

The errors all seem to be about echo cancellation... What do I need to do to
force asterisk to never disable echo cancellation?

Thanks again for all of the help. Even though we have not found a solution
yet I appreciate the help - and am still confident we will succeed!

-Brian

Machine1
=========

zaptel.conf