[asterisk-users] Doesn't seem to want to transcode.

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Wed Sep 26 22:35:45 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I've got a .wav file on my asterisk server and I've got an extension that
plays it back.  When I dial the extension on the local server, it plays back
just fine.

When I create a call file that calls a (remote) pstn phone number and plays
that file, it works just fine, also.

But, when I change that call file to use a different voip provider, it tries
to play the file, but the person only hears silence.

I'm assuming that the second provider is wanting a different codec from the
local asterisk server and the first provider.  However, I was also expecting
asterisk to transcode and "do the right thing."

What am I missing?

TIA,
--
Mike Diehl