[asterisk-users] ChanSpy issue

Ed Nuñez enunez at netoneint.com
Wed Sep 26 15:48:33 CDT 2007

Hello list

I am having an issue with Chanspy/SIP that I’m hoping someone has come
across and resolved in the past.

I am sending calls that come in TDM through T1 ZAP channels and go out to a
SIP trunk.

If I spy on the SIP channel, I can hear the person on the SIP side of the
call just fine, but the person on the ZAP channel fades in and out.

If I spy on the ZAP channel, and can hear both sides just fine, but I don’t
know who I am spying on since I have other calls coming in on the same T1.

If I spy on a SIP extension instead of a SIP trunk, I hear both sides just
fine.

I am using a recent version of Asterisk 1.2 and I am using g729 licenses.

This is the command I am using to spy.

exten => 8011,1,ChanSpy(Sip/SIPTRUNK|bqv(4))