[asterisk-users] faster timeout in ENUMLOOKUP() function

Ricardo Carvalho rjcarvalho.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 10:31:41 CDT 2007

Hi all,

In my server dialplan, it first tries to dial possible SIP URI contacts
returned by DNS lookups using the ENUMLOOKUP function; it only sends calls
to PSTN when there aren't any NAPTR records of the dialed number.
Problem arises when my Internet connection is down to some locations, which
inhibits my Asterisk server to reach the DNS servers to do those lookups. In
those cases, calls only get sent to the PSTN after ENUMLOOKUP function times
out (which takes very long)!

Is it possible to configure a shorter timeout for the ENUMLOOKUP function,
so the next priority in my dialplan comes faster? Or any ideas to avoid this
problem?

Regards,
Ricardo Carvalho.