[asterisk-users] Zaptel-1.4.5.1 Compile Error

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Sep 26 08:44:31 CDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 11:13:31AM +0100, Jeng Yu wrote:
> Thank you, Tilghman. Your suggestion did it. I ran
> into similar compile problem later:
> -------------
> /usr/src/zaptel-1.4.5.1/xpp/xbus-sysfs.c:135: error:
> unknown field âhotplugâ specified in initializer
> make[4]: ***
> [/usr/src/zaptel-1.4.5.1/xpp/xbus-sysfs.o] Error 1
> -------------
>
> and I went in and disabled the "xpp" in menuselect. It
> worked and the compile finished successfully.
>
> My question to the gurus here is this: what impact
> will  un-selecting wcusb and xpp have later on when I
> go to run Asterisk?

wcusb is a driver for the Digium s100U single FXS USB device.

xpp/ includes the driver for the Xorcom Astribank.

If you just need ztdummy (or any other Zaptel device): you should have
no problems.

The problem is caused by a backport of the Fedora f Kernel that is not
included in the original 2.6.15 kernel . Later versions of Fedora
kernels (from updates) should have no issues building Zaptel.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com