[asterisk-users] Grandstream HT 502 ATA stops receiving calls

Antoine Megalla aatef at rocketmail.com
Wed Sep 26 07:48:44 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have an annoying problem with the Grandstream HT 502
ATA.
When the ATA first powers up, and registers to the
asterisk server,
everything works fine, and the ATA is able to receive
and send calls,
however after a period of time, the ATA can only make
outgoing calls, but it
is unable to receive calls. When I call any HT 502
after a long while from
first registration, I hear ringing from the calling
station, but the
destination ATA never rings.

I tried to decrease the Registration timeout from the
HT502 configuration to
15 minutes instead of 60 minutes,  the behavior was a
little better in terms
of the period that the ATA is able to receive calls,
however after a longer
time from booting, the same occurs and the HT502 stops
ringing and no calls
are received.

When I reboot the ATA it receives calls again, but
after a period of time
the same problem occurs.
Most the HT502 I use have this problem, and all are
behind NAT (But the
asterisk server is not behind NAT).

Does anyone have an idea about how to fix the problem,
maybe a configuration
setting in the ATA, or a setting in the asterisk SIP
account definition for
the HT502.

Your comments and replies are most appreciated.

Thank you and best regards,

Antoine Megalla