[asterisk-users] Grandstream GXW-4008

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Tue Sep 25 23:17:21 CDT 2007

I'm trying to use a GXW-4008 for the first time to provide simple POTS. Is
anyone using it?

How about samples of SIP.CONF and EXTENSIONS.CONF?

Do you have advice for configuring the GXW-400x for this application?

How long a local loop will it support on the FXS ports?

When I started to configure the unit, I was able to connect via the WAN
port. Now I'm unable to connect to it using the IP address supplied by '02'
in the IVR. '12' indicates that the WAN access is enabled. The 'ready' light
is flashing; I don't see anything in the manual that indicates what this
means. I've reset to factory settings using the reset button on the back,
but that didn't change the situation.

  --Don

Don Kelly
PCF Corp