[asterisk-users] Asterisk Redundancy

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Tue Sep 25 11:47:28 CDT 2007

Dave Walker wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 18:01 +0200, Philipp Kempgen wrote:
>> Adrian Marsh wrote:
>>
>>> so maybe it's a case of looking at
>>> Linux-HA.
>> If I remember this correctly a normal ping is all Linux HA can
>> do. It does not check whether Asterisk or other services are
>> alive and respond to queries.
>
> Have you looked at: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+monitoring
>
> My personal favourite would be nagios (not that I have used the SIP
> plugin, but do use nagios for other services)

Exactly. If this was about monitoring I'd suggest to have a look at
Nagios.

But it's quite easy to write your own script which checks if
Asterisk responds to SIP packets (or whatever) and takes over
the IP address of your main server once Asterisk fails to reply.

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998