[asterisk-users] Completing my Configuration

Guenther Sohler guenther.sohler at gmx.at
Tue Sep 25 00:37:16 CDT 2007

Hallo Group,

I have basically set up a small asterisk system,
which ahs 4 peers:

* registers at 2 Sipgates
* 2 hardware phones connected to it

Both Hardware phones can phone outwards(cheaper sipgate is selected with dialplan)
Calls from both sipgates make my hardware phones ring

But here comes the challenges:

Is it possible to configure asterisk in such a way that in the phone:

* there are names instead of numbers in my hardware phone displayed
* The Ringtone is different for special call numbers
* it is displayed, in which sipgate the call came from
* using an extension in my call number redirects the call just to one
  sip phone ?

And What about Asterisk web server: I was told you can sue it to configure
asterisk via web. I turned it on an connected to it, but I can only read

"404 Object not found
Asterisk Webserver"

Whats wrong ?

Thank you very much for your inspirations!