[asterisk-users] prepaid application recommendation

Benjamin Jacob benjamin.jacob at mgl.com
Mon Sep 24 23:17:51 CDT 2007

a2billing so far seems to be quite comprehensive compared to the other
freeware asterisk-based billing solutions available out there.
We are building our own billing solution(due to the very peculiar
requirements, one of which is to bill the callee, rather than the
caller). We are achieving this so far, using AGI scripts, tho we plan to
migrate to Asterisk Manager APIs soon.
I haven't been able to go thru a2billing in detail(just skimmed thru the
code n sample dialplans). It seems , if I am not mistaken, in a2billing
every call invokes an AGI script. So this sounds a lil inefficient,
where db connections, data structures etc, are created every time.
Any experiences on the performance of both a2billing and AstMan API
based solutions?

cheerz
- Ben.