[asterisk-users] Extensions Configuration

Max Clark max.clark at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 17:36:21 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I am building out a new platform and I need help with a couple of
items. I need to have an extension "101" that is public (on business
cards, in the directory, etc...) however I want this extension to
exist as a hunt group with a ring all strategy so two phones (107
which is the private extension for the 101 user is run, and the 102
extension). The 107 extension should not have a separate voicemail and
when the user at 107 presses the messages button they need to log into
the 101 mailbox. When 107 dials other users internally it should show
the callerid as 101.

What is the best way to configure asterisk to to this?

Second question, for the hunt groups I want to change the callerid
display for incoming calls so the phone displays "Boss's
Line:123456789", but I want to make sure that when the user redials
via the phone directory the number 123456789 is dialed directly. How
do I change the caller id display for inbound calls and still have the
directory work properly?

Thanks in advance,
Max