[asterisk-users] Anyone use the Linksys phones?

Karl J. Vesterling kjv at ken-ton.com
Mon Sep 24 15:46:52 CDT 2007

I'm wondering how the speakerphone on the 962 compares to the Cisco 7960?

I found that the SPA-941 did not work well in noisy situations, unlike
the Cisco 7960 which performs flawlessly.  I find that the automatic
gain circuit with regards to how it functions with speakerphone VOX on
the Cisco 7960 is far superior to the SPA-941.

However, I have not a 962 to compare with...

Anyone have any comparisons/opinions??
What I'm most interested in is that with the Cisco, if it's in a noisy
situation, like say lots of fans and HVAC running, the person on the
other can get their voice through, whereas the SPA-941 speakerphone
seems to lack the ability to distinguish a constant level of background
noise from audio.

This all has to do with the VOX capabilities, but more so in the analog
section of the device...  This isn't a software/firmware issue.