[asterisk-users] Anyone use the Linksys phones?

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 24 11:17:16 CDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Chris Bagnall
Sent: Monday, 24 September 2007 6:15 PM
To: 'Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Anyone use the Linksys phones?

> Is anyone out there using any of the newer linksys phones since Cisco
> took over? I am more specifically looking at the spa-941 & 942's. Just
> curious about call quality, programability, and functionality with
asterisk.

I've replaced the Cisco 7960 on my desk with the colour SPA-962. It's about
half the buy price of the Cisco, takes less desk space, has more features,
and a vastly superior screen.

--

I'd like to second the SPA962 - I've deployed a couple of them now and
they're great, clients get a kick out of sticking the company logo in colour

The only nasty thing I've found is that whenever the handsets resync they
reboot even if no settings have changed.  When this occurs anything
connected to the phones second Ethernet port will drop connection for a few
seconds.

Craig