[asterisk-users] Realtime table columns

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Sep 21 22:36:37 CDT 2007

On Friday 21 September 2007 22:07:42 Anthony Messina wrote:
> The questions I have are, since new configuration variables have been added
> into Asterisk 1.4, can I simply add columns in my MySQL sippeers table for
> things such as "videosupport" "mohinterpret", etc.?

Yes.

> When a user upgrades, how would one know if all of the possible
> user/peer/friend variables listed in sip.conf can in fact be pulled from
> Realtime?

Dynamic realtime is designed to be extensible in that way, so yes, all of the
available parameters in sip.conf can be used with realtime simply by adding
a column to the table.  Note that if set to NULL, the parameter is considered
not present, and will be treated the same as if the entry was in sip.conf
without that parameter (meaning whatever default takes control).

> Do the order of the columns matter, etc.?

In most cases, no.  However, you should place the disallow column prior
to the allow column, as columns are parsed in the order in which they appear
in the table.  Hence, disallow=all, then allow=ulaw, allow=gsm, etc.

> Where do I go to find the latest Realtime table information for a specific
> Asterisk version? (The same questions apply to IAX Realtime.)

Consult the corresponding .sample file in the configs/ subdirectory.

--
Tilghman