[asterisk-users] Polycom 501 Phones Rebooting

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Fri Sep 21 18:07:55 CDT 2007

> On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 17:36 -0400, Gregory Boehnlein wrote:
> > 	At one of our locations, we have started to see Polycom 501s
> > (running 1.6.7 firmware) randomly reboot.
>
> Upgrade the firmware on the phones.  I see this all the time with the
> Polycom phones, especially the IP-430 and IP-330 models.  At least 90%
> of the time, upgrading the firmware solves the problem.

Jared,
	I have over 350 IP 501s deployed, running the exact same firmware.
This particular network segment is the ONLY one where this problem exists,
which leads me to believe it may be a layer 2 or layer 3 issue. I'm going to
follow the earlier responders suggestions about getting more intense log
dumps and see what I can find out.

There has to be a reason that this is happening.. It's just a matter of
finding it out! :)