[asterisk-users] Problems Connecting Two Asterisk Installs Via ISDN PRI Cards

Brian Alexander balexander at visionpointsystems.com
Fri Sep 21 08:31:46 CDT 2007

On 9/20/07, Jared Smith <jsmith at digium.com> wrote:

> I'd look at your wiring, as an HDLC error like that is usually an
> indication of some type of a problem at the physical layer.

I tried two other cables this morning with the same results...

While I was swapping cables around I unloaded asterisk and the zaptel
modules. One thing I noticed once everything was hooked up and restarted is
that Machine2 shows a red alarm but Machine1 shows both spans as clear of
alarms... Otherwise everything looks the same as yesterday.

Have any of you connected two asterisk machines by t1 crossover using
pri_net/pri_cpe signaling? I am completely stumped and would love to know
that some had done this and what their configuration look like.

Thanks again,
-Brian