[asterisk-users] call limit

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 08:08:01 CDT 2007

Hi,

I would like to know if the following is possible:

* how to accept only one call at a time on a
particular SIP extension (softphone). I'm referring to
incoming calls. Can it be done on the server side or
just on the client? ie. all other incoming calls will
just be dropped while the extension is busy. In other
words I would like to simulate having just one phone
line available. I tried using call-limit=1 in
sip.conf. Is this the right way?

* how to accept only one incoming call at a time for a
whole group? If there's an active call on any one of
the extensions, drop the other incoming calls.