[asterisk-users] The device state is still 'Not in Use' ... check UPGRADE.txt

John Hughes john at Calva.COM
Thu Sep 20 10:25:21 CDT 2007

John Hughes wrote:
> Or, in full:
>
> [Sep 20 17:11:26] WARNING[18373]: app_queue.c:2705 try_calling: The
> device state of this queue member, SIP/612, is still 'Not in Use' when
> it probably should not be! Please check UPGRADE.txt for correct
> configuration settings.
>
> So, what do I check in UPGRADE.txt?
>
> This is with Asterisk 1.4.11

Ah, I'm so dumb - it's this bit:

* Queues depend on the channel driver reporting the proper state
  for each member of the queue. To get proper signalling on
  queue members that use the SIP channel driver, you need to
  enable a call limit (could be set to a high value so it
  is not put into action) and also make sure that both inbound
  and outbound calls are accounted for.

  Example:

       [general]
       limitonpeer = yes

       [peername]
       type=friend
       call-limit=10

Could have sworn I had the call-limit, but in fact it was missing for
the extension I was testing from!