[asterisk-users] Outgoing SIP packets out of order?

Jason Martin jmartin at metrixmatrix.com
Thu Sep 20 09:30:12 CDT 2007

Hello, I've been looking at some SIP packet dumps captured with tcpdump on the
PBX itself, and analyzed with Wireshark 0.99.4. I'm noticing something
strange, at least to me. All of the SIP packets going out from our Asterisk
PBX to either of our 2 VoIP providers are consistently 50% out of order. In
addition, if I use Wireshark's voip call player, the outgoing side of the
call stutters and is delayed compared to the incoming side of the call.

Is this normal? Why would the PBX be sending packets already out of order?

Thanks!
--
Jason Martin
Metrix Matrix, Inc.