[asterisk-users] Problems sending more than 2 SMS with asterisk / smsq

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Thu Sep 20 08:08:31 CDT 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 19.09.2007, 15:25 +0200 schrieb Christoph Adomeit:
> Hi there,
>
> I experience the same problem here with asterisk 1.2.24 on
> an E1 Line, only 2 of 3 sms are sent, this happens always and
> is reproducable.
>
> Did someone find out more about the problem ?
>
> Especially I do not see how I could add a wait to the dialplan
> as somebody suggested because there seems no dialplan invoked
> when I send sms.
>
> I use:
>
> smsq -d 017xxx -m TEST1 --motx-channel=Zap/g1/0193010
> (Germen Telekom Message Center)
>
> How could I invoke smsq differently to use an own context
> of the dialplan ?

I think I have been in error there. The wait occurs on incoming calls,
like my Gigaset calling in to Asterisk, between answering the line:

exten => _0193010.,1,Answer()
exten => _0193010.,2,Wait(2)
exten => _0193010.,3,SMS(blahfasel)

Same for _incoming_ messages from the Telco SMSC.

I do not immediately understand where I could have inserted a Wait() for
outgoing SMS, especially as that SMS() seems to open the line itself. I
would have to investigate, but do not have the equipment right here at
the moment, sorry.

BR
Anselm