[asterisk-users] Horrible problem - calls losing sound

Patrick asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 20 07:35:20 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 12:49 +0200, John Hughes wrote:
> We're having a horrid problem with our asterisk setup.
>
> Sometimes calls just go dead - we can't hear what the other end is
> saying.  (I think they can't hear us either).  The call doesn't hang up
> until one of the callers gets bored.
>
> Internaly we use Thomson ST2030 SIP phones.
>
> Externaly we have 3 ISDN BRI lines (6 channels total), connected to an
> Eicon Diver server card (4BRI).
>
> We're using Asterisk 1.4.11 (1.4.11-BRIstuffed-0.4.0-test4) on a Debian
> system, with chan-capi 1.0.1.
>
> Any idea what could be going wrong, where to look &c?

I'm don't know what is causing your problem but afaik you don't need
bristuff with your Eicon Diva Server card. I have several asterisk
1.2.24 boxes with 1x BRI and 4x BRI Eicon Diva Server cards and I only
use asterisk + chan_capi. This setup is very stable and works great.

Perhaps you could try rebuilding asterisk without the bristuff patch
then rebuild and install chan_capi and see if the problem goes away?

Regards,
Patrick