[asterisk-users] Building an RPM from Asterisk 1.4

Marcus Franke mfranke at gmx.net
Thu Sep 20 07:25:19 CDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 12:22:43AM +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> > Why is it looking for files that obviously
> > don't exist?
>
> That spec uses quite a few discourged methods for rpm packages. There
> are a number of well-maintained RPM packages of Asterisk. Use one of
> them or modify one of them.

Do you have any examples for these spec files?

I found a repository for installing Asterisk on Centos, but it
took a while before I discovered it. Ok, just checked the link
its for RHEL, but as Centos is just recompiled this won't matter.

Same situation for Ubuntu using the debian package format, but
I have not found a repository so far and Ubuntu delivers just
the old 1.2 release. :)

Marcus