[asterisk-users] Newcomer Question

Guenther Sohler guenther.sohler at gmx.at
Thu Sep 20 01:30:01 CDT 2007

Hallo Group!

My Name is Guenther Sohler and I registred to this group, because
I think asterisk could be interesting for me.

I have got a small server at home running linux.
It does NAT and a Firewall. There is an intranet with my home PC
and a hardware SIP phone.

This SIP phone registers at mujtelefon.cz

Now I got another account at sipgate.at

My idea is following:
I want to be reachable at both providers(numbers) at the same time.
And If I call someone, calls to austria shall use sipgate, whereas
calls to czech shall use mujtelefon.

So far, i read through the tutorial at digium.com and got the impression,
that asterisk might be able to do this and makes phoning very conveniant.

YEsterday evening i managed to get a compiled version of asterisk running
on my server.

I just font yet have a complete idea, what is to be changed

* get asterisk running on my server as phone central(registrar)
* which firewall settings ? before/after nat
* my hardware phone registers with asterisk at my server
* which files to i have to change ? dialplan, sip.conf?

How do I achieve this ?

Thanx in advance!