[asterisk-users] Building an RPM from Asterisk 1.4

Douglas Garstang Douglas.garstang at mig33global.com
Wed Sep 19 16:54:17 CDT 2007

Ok, so I'm no rpm expert, but Asterisk 1.4.11 comes with an asterisk.spec
file. Running rpmbuild against it yields errors, the first one being that
the 'Copyright' tag is unknown, and that I need a License tag instead.

Fixed that, and...

Processing files: asterisk-CVS-1
error: File not found: /tmp/asterisk/etc/asterisk
error: File not found by glob: /tmp/asterisk/etc/asterisk/*.conf
error: File not found by glob: /tmp/asterisk/etc/asterisk/*.adsi
error: File not found: /tmp/asterisk/etc/asterisk/extensions.ael
error: File not found: /tmp/asterisk/etc/rc.d/init.d/asterisk

.... And so on. What am I missing here? Why doesn't rpm build the
/tmp/asterisk directory itself? Why is it looking for files that obviously
don't exist?

Doug.