[asterisk-users] stop log/debug messages into /var/log/messages

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 12:55:38 CDT 2007

Dear Cohen;

But as I remembered, they told you something about the
syslog, I did not understand it, could u please
explain it for me and it relation with our problem?

Regards
Bilal

> Dear Benjamin;
>
> OK friend, things are clear. But now I came to the
> same original issue that you asked about it, which
is
> the ability to stop the log/debug messages into
> /var/log/messages.

/var/log/messages comes from the syslog (the system
logging daemon).
Asterisk can log to syslog if you tell it. Look for
"syslog" in the
sample config file. Though normally this option is not
used.

Alternatively, someone else is creating those
messages.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755