[asterisk-users] Multi-sip rings

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Sep 19 10:25:47 CDT 2007

With signaling gateways to non-SIP telephony interfaces, it generally
corresponds temporally to alerting feedback received on the other side
(i.e. PRI).  Because one 180 Ringing message causes only one ringback
tone, achieving multiple ringback tones requires successive
retransmission.

But even without that consideration, many things in SIP are retransmitted
periodically to account for the unreliability of the UDP transport.

-- Alex