[asterisk-users] g729 on 1.4.10.1

Scott Moseman scmoseman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:41:38 CDT 2007

The gateway is transcoding the PSTN into g729 and passing it to
Asterisk. The Asterisk never sees the PSTN from the outside.  I have
watched the INVITE requests, they contain a request for a g729 only
call.  But the INVITE to the phone does not include g729.

However, as previously stated, I did get a g729 phone to talk to
another g729 phone.  So I assume that means pass-through *can* work,
but something is not working right?

Thanks,
Scott