[asterisk-users] Call Center SoftPhone with Auto Answer

Joao Pereira joao.pereira at fccn.pt
Tue Sep 18 12:13:55 CDT 2007

I don't think so, because in paging/intercom, the phones must support
"Auto Answer".

The link you sent says:
"SIP phones for the most part don't support any of these phone based
paging functions. If a SIP phone offers an Auto Answer function, you can
approximate limited paging intercom functionality."

I'm using X-Lite, and in X-Lite I can't force the users to answer the
call..... The users can put "Auto Answer = Off".

Also, the response from Counterpath was weird, as they said they're
engineering team cannot remove the Auto Answer option:
"To have the auto-answer permanently on in the context that you wish to
have is a feature that our engineering team cannot hard code into the
phone. It can be turned on and off in the menu "

So, if someone knows a nice softphone for an Asterisk Call Center,
please advice me.
Thanks
Regards
Joao Pereira