[asterisk-users] Dell Power Edge 1900

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Tue Sep 18 10:55:37 CDT 2007

	Does anyone know if the Dell Power Edge 1900 has an issue with
multiport E1 cards?  We've had this server running for a while now with
2 E1 cards.  At first we tried to install an Openvox D210P card with two
E1 ports but after a couple of kernel panics we thought that maybe the
card was defective and we replaced it with two Digium TE120P cards.

	Now the customer needs a third E1 port and since the computer pnly has
two PCI ports we decided to install a Digium TE411P card.  Over the past
few days there have been several kernel panics.  We have the latest
Asterisk 1.4.11, Zaptel 1.4.5.1 on CentOS 5 with all the latest upgrades
applied.  The E1 links are all R2 using Unicall.

	The server has a couple PCI-Express slots but I do not know if getting
a multiport E1 card for PCIEx will have the same problems.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001