[asterisk-users] how to disable wctdm auto modprobe during boot

gincantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Mon Sep 17 05:01:24 CDT 2007

Hi Tzafrir,

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 10:23:53AM +0200, gincantalupo wrote:
>
>> Hi Tzafrir,
>> I'm currently using genzaptelconf for digium cards but I have Sangoma
>> cards too and I have to load digium drivers after Sangoma one.
>> That's why I need to understand why wctdm is automatically loaded.
>> I want all the drivers disabled during boot so I can load them in the
>> order I want with my init script.
>>

> AFAIK Sangoma cards should be supported by genzaptelconf . I have odne
> my best efforts to support them. See the drivers lists there.

Ok, I'll try asap.
> Sadly I have recieved just about zero cooperation from Sangoma and I
> don't have their hardware. And I have recieved very little feedback from
> people.

I'll let you know after some tests.
> Sangoma have their own complex system nd I so far quite at lost as in
> how to well-integrate it with Zaptel.
>
> There was once a Debian "wanpipe" package. Butthat was long ago. I have
> tried to create a new one, but my efforts to create a Debian package
> from the tarball that Sangoma ships have failed, as its scripts do
> strange things, and I found no one to answer my questions about it.

I've made my package (wanpipe-2.3.4-9) using their script. It works but
needs to change some link.
> (Right, I know that there is a "deb" target in their tarball. But
> which is something that lintiuan and linda will give too many justified
> errors about)

It worked for me. Maybe you have a different version.

Thanks!

Giorgio Incantalupo, mailto:gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
FG&A srl - http://www.fgasoftware.com -
Voice at Work - The Agile PBX http://www.voiceatwork.eu