[asterisk-users] [SOLVED] fax machine detection for outgoingcall on DIVAcard

lemmel lemmel lem__mel at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 02:50:29 CDT 2007

>I read your postings about faxdetection with CAPI. Interesting feature
>but I'm not sure how to implement it on incoming calls (for example fax
>dialed wrong number). Can you please show me a dialplan example how you
>use this feature (incoming fax calls into Asterisk server).

I did'nt test incoming fax, so this is how I would set my conf files :

capi.conf :
[contr1]
relaxdtmf=off
softdtmf=off
faxdetect=incoming
context=toto

extensions.conf :
[toto]
exten   => fax,1,NoOp(Oh look at that fax)
exten   => fax,n,hangup();
exten   => _.,1,NoOp(Your treatment)
exten   => _.,n,Answer()
exten   => _.,n,Read(numero|askExtension)
exten   => _.,n,NoOp(This is the dialed number : ${numero})
exten   => _.,n,GOTO(standardtelephonique|${numero}|1)

And if a fax is detected, asterisk will redirect the call directly to the
fax ectension of diva default context (toto in my example).

P.S. : you must have a card supporting this feature (informing about fax
detection) such a Diva card
P.P.S. : if it works, please mail this list in order to keep it in archives.