[asterisk-users] AGI script fails on IAX channels (from call file).

Jonas Arndt jonas_arndt at comcast.net
Sat Sep 15 14:16:04 CDT 2007

Guys,

The problem was that the IAX2 channel accepted both ulaw and gsm codec.
Once I dropped the gsm alternative in the iax.conf the interaction with
the AGI scripts (DTMF) worked great. So it seems that the ulaw was
picked if the IAX call was initiated by the IAX phone and hit the AGI
script through the extensions.conf. If the AGI script initiated the call
gsm was for some reason picked and  wouldn't accept DTMF.

What might be a clue here is that the iaxy based phones are configured
to just use ulaw. I tried just gsm but that didn't work. So with a phone
doing just ulaw initiating the call, that might be the reason ulaw was
picked and it worked through the dial plan.

Anyhow, a big thanks to everybody that tried to work on this with me. I
have some job still ahead (figuring out how the different DTMF modes
relates to gsm and if there might be a bug here), but I do have a
working solution.

Thanks,

// Jonas