[asterisk-users] how to route outgoing calls on IP-level

Seysan AFShin9 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 01:38:26 CDT 2007

Hi,

I would recommend instead of Using IPs in your Billing, your Prefixes.
Most of the billing softwares can to billing based on Prefix, for example
when "Bill Clinton" from Extension 100 is calling, add 22 or 22# in front of
the calling number 22#12345678, then your billing can do the rest based on
the 22 prefix.
I'm doing such billings for 5 years now!

Also for Routing based on IP Address, I have done this in the ISP. You can
MARK packets that are comming from specific extension because the IP address
on that extension is different, then you will ROUTE those MARKED packets to
the IP that you want.
Marking is done with "iptables" in the mangle module "iptables -r mangle -I
PREROUTING -s xxxxxx and blah blah" and for routing you can do it with "ip"
command and U32 match . ;)
it is a little bit complicated, But I recommend PREFIX Billing.

Regards,

Seysan