[asterisk-users] how to route outgoing calls on IP-level

Kate Kretz kate.kretz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 22:06:56 CDT 2007

well, the situation is:

we have two-state VoIP-routing

customers (h323,sip) ---> asterisk --> our home made h323 proxy

the final billing is done at h323 proxy, and it distingushes customers by
their IP addresses. so, if I want to bill two group
of SIP customers separately, I need to route calls to "h323 proxy" with
different outgoing addresses. It's easy to buy extra IP-address, but I've no
idea how to teach "route" command to do things like "hey, it Bill Clinton
calling, I see SIP headers, we ought to use X.X.X.X as outgoing IP address,
not Y.Y.Y.Y"