[asterisk-users] Force a new user to configure Comedian mail?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Sep 14 18:21:59 CDT 2007

Doug Lytle wrote:
> Russell Bryant wrote:
>>
>> Yep.  In fact, it was one of the first patches I ever wrote for Asterisk.  :)
>>

> And under 1.2 it can be easily bypassed.  After the password is changed,
> if the user hangs up, the next time they call into the voice mail
> system, it doesn't continue to force them to do the recordings.

I'm ... sorry?  However, it does behave exactly as is documented.  It specifies
that the only check it does to see if it is a new user is by password.  If
someone wanted to improve this so the password doesn't matter and it actually
checks to see if a name and/or greetings are recorded, then that would be great.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer