[asterisk-users] Force a new user to configure Comedian mail?

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Fri Sep 14 16:21:58 CDT 2007

Jeremy Wadhams wrote:
> In Asterisk 1.4, is there any way to "force" new users to configure
> their mailbox?  I'm thinking a simple IVR that holds a user's hand
> through changing their PIN, recording their name, and setting up one
> or both greetings, the very first time they use the account.
You can use the forcename and forcegreetings settings to get this
behavior. The way to let the voicemail system know the user is a new
user is to to set the mailbox number and password the same for that
user. If you do this, then the first time the person calls
VoiceMailMain(), they will be walked through the process of changing
their PIN, recording their name, and their greetings.

Mark Michelson