[asterisk-users] Force a new user to configure Comedian mail?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Sep 14 16:11:22 CDT 2007

Jeremy Wadhams wrote:
> In Asterisk 1.4, is there any way to "force" new users to configure
> their mailbox?  I'm thinking a simple IVR that holds a user's hand
> through changing their PIN, recording their name, and setting up one or
> both greetings, the very first time they use the account.

Yep.  In fact, it was one of the first patches I ever wrote for Asterisk.  :)

Here are the relevant options from voicemail.conf:

; forcename=yes     ; Forces a new user to record their name.  A new user is
                    ; determined by the password being the same as
                    ; the mailbox number.  The default is "no".

; forcegreetings=no ; This is the same as forcename, except for recording
                    ; greetings.  The default is "no".

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer